Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Snapshot Conversation

In the car this morning...


Kevin singing...
"I know that Jesus is well and alive today,
He makes his home in my heart,
Never more will I be all alone since He
Promised me that we never would park..."

"Kevin, it's 'never would part'... Jesus promised that we never would have to be separated from him or his love."

"Mom, do you remember at Nana's church... when they dipped those guys in water?"

"Yes, that's called being baptized."

"Why did they do that?"

"Because those boys decided that they are ready to follow Jesus' teachings... they are ready to obey Him."

"Will I be 'bantisted' when I am an older boy?"

"If you choose to obey Jesus... if that's your choice."

"That's my choice."

6 comments:

Kristi said...

That is the sweetest. I love watching our children fall in love in Jesus.

Mike Lewis said...

I like this blog about your kids...very insightful and great to hear what other parents are hearing.

Unfortunately I am jealous of hearing these things because my kids don't say very many cute things like this...that or I am not paying enough attention.

Leah said...

Don't be jealous, Mikey. Just listen. Those sweet, innocent, open minded thoughts float around in the conversations you have with your kids.

Just listen.

Aimee Jo said...

Oh, so cute! Kevin is so precious!!

Carol Ann Casparek said...

Did you know that God's real name is Art? It says so in one of our church songs.

Kathy said...

Here's another Nolan-ism. While we had them for 3 days this week, every once in a while Nolan would look at me with those EYES and say "I doin' great!'