Monday, July 9, 2007

On Swimming Lessons

I could teach my kid to swim, right? ~ I better not try... I haven't really swam since my sister and I got toted to the pool in Lynden to be thrown around by one of five uncles. - But Kevin is absolutely convinced that I should have him in lessons right NOW.

"When are my swimming lessons, Mom?"

"Are we going to that big pool with the swimming lessons today, Mom?"

"I really need swimming lessons, Mom."

"Can you call the pool and sign me up for swimming lessons, Mom?"

Pick any of these questions (they are just the ones that I remember) and pretend that Kevin is asking them about 10 times per day.

Should I explain the complexity of a budget to a four and a half year old? He just might be the kid to understand it, but how do you sum it up into three sentences or less?

One thing is for sure; this kid is driven.

No comments: